fbpx

Why Your Goals Don’t Stick

It’s a new year and with that comes new year’s resolutions. We want to lose weight, learn a new language, eat better, and or get a promotion in the new year. So as tradition holds we set what we call New Year’s resolutions. A resolution by definition is a firm decision to do or not do something. So if this is for sure a firm decision then why is it that we don’t stick to our agreements? Let’s go over why and how you can set your eyes on a goal and be victorious in the end because we all want to win right?


You expect to meet your goals without changing who you are
I totally understand this one (as it still catches me slipping from time to time). I thought that I could set really big life-changing goals and complete said goals without changing anything about myself. It was like watching someone attempt to run up a mud hill. No matter how much effort I put forth the execution would be there in the beginning (the running start/big push), but I would slowly slide back down the hill. I would do this over and over until I finally had an epiphany that the difference between winning and living in mediocrity for me lay in shifting who I was and what I believed in.

You set goals without:
*A deadline
*Breaking them down into smaller tasks
*Visualizing what it would be like to complete that goal
You don’t take yourself serious enough
The “awake” part of the brain is only approximately 5% with the remaining part being your subconscious at about 95%. Your subconscious mind can be referred to as where your contracts or agreements are housed. Your “contract center” can deny the execution of any goal if you are not mindful. The contracts or agreements that you have formed with yourself are also known as your habits. A habit by definition means “A settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up”.
You can form new habits by:
*Practicing meditation and visualizing the execution of said task
*Placing photos of what completion of that task should look like
*Saying aloud and writing down what you will achieve and by what date
*Bypassing your fear reflex (by breaking your large goals down into smaller easily executable tasks).
*Being disciplined
* Using the 21/90 Rule
You take yourself too serious
All work and no play makes anyone dull and leads to burnout.
By taking a break you are refreshing and recentering your mind.
You are reducing the amount of stress and strain that comes with constant non-stop work.
Burnout will eventually lead to a loss of passion. Passion for your business is one of the key factors that will drive you and set you apart from the competition. When you are passionate about your cause a transference of that same energy will be conveyed to your audience. If you are experiencing burn out the blah energy that is within you will come across in your business outreach.

If you are interested in learning more about how to set goals in a way that enables more winning in 2020, join me for my free training on 1/18/2020 and 1/30/2020. Register for free by clicking the image below!